An exchange with working children (NATRAS) from Nicaragua and Honduras
Since 1995 we have been in contact with the Nicaraguan movement of working children (NATRAS). In the summer of 1996, 20 KinderRÄchTsZÄnker (17 young people and 3 adults) went to Nicaragua for four weeks and worked in three base projects. One year later 11 Nicaraguans and 3 Hondureños came to Berlin for three weeks.
trip to Nicaragua in the summer of '96
- K.R.Ä.T.Z.Ä. in Nicaragua
- bilingual magazine (made in Nicaragua)
- seminar on youth rights in Estelí - final declaration
- documentation brochure
- self-presentation of NATRAS
- presentation of the project in Managua
- K.R.Ä.T.Z.Ä. at NATRAS in Estelí
- four men in Somoto
- outlaw child labour? - prohibition of child labour or a right to work?
- children as entrepreneurs
- Who pays for four weeks in Nicaragua for 20 Germans?
- "How has it been?"
working children and youth as guests in Berlin (July 1997)
- Homepage of the Children's Movement NATRAS
- "A new view on child labour" (until
now only in spanish)
self-presentation of projects in Nicaragua and Honduras
- Movement of Working Children in Nicaragua
- INPRHU - Estelí, Nicaragua
- INPRHU - Somoto, Nicaragua
- CJCC - Managua, Nicaragua
- Centro San Juan Bosco - Tela, Honduras
- bilingual edition of KinderRächtsZeitung Regenbogen, see among others "child labour in Nicaragua"
- colaboration with the street children's magazine "ZEITDRUCK"
- elaboration of radio articles to the subject of child labour
- youth rights congress (press release)
- final declaration
- child labour: more prohibitions and less rights for the protection of children?